ShopSmart;) Free Gift is a subscription scam!
I should have known better but being an offshoot of Consumer Reports I trusted their offer of a free gift.No where did I see a statement that accepting the free gift would result in subscription.
Apparently, they chose to see it that way and sent me an invoice today!
I am poor and certainly don't want to pay for a product I was not intending to buy.I wrote cancel but I find it highly ironic that a magazine that reports on how you can be scammed and how to avoid it- and yet perpetrates its own scam!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I purchased furniture with a tag that reads, hobby lobby warehouse reorder furniture $149.99. Furniture Always 30% off, Your price is $104.99 . My 40% coupon was refused at their..."
- "On 9/2/12 11:38am, I bought a queen Aerobed at Target, Ca for $216.00. When I opened it later that day for my guests to use, we found it covered with..."
- "I have been selling GreenSmoke e-cigs as an affiliate for approximately 3 years. Toward the end of December, I was contacted by GreenSmoke saying my affiliate account was to be..."
- "Interstitial Space was not inspected! Please go to Facebook Franklin Jones to ready our story RECOMMENDATIONS Interstitial Spaces: Investigate via destructive testing and/or deconstruction, the condition of the interstitial spaces and insulation materials..."
- "I purchased several items and have exchanged several emails trying to get a refund and poor quality and mid-sized clothing. They make it impossible to send back without spending..."
- "Our sad Rv story, we purchased a New Alpine 3100rl from THE RV SPA of upland. After living in it at Palm Springs for Two months, I had an Anaphylactic..."
- "This company is HORRIBLE! Do NOT use them!!! I ordered 50 coffee mugs with a simple single color logo printed on them and here's what I received: ..."
- "After I hired Scott's/TruGreen Lawn Service for DE-WEEDING, my lawn went from needing a Deweed care to one of the worst looking lawns in my community. I was so upset..."
- "Like thousands of other people £15 had been taken out of my account for 3 months before I'd noticed. This was because my wife purchased an item of clothing..."