ShopSmart;) Free Gift is a subscription scam!
I should have known better but being an offshoot of Consumer Reports I trusted their offer of a free gift.No where did I see a statement that accepting the free gift would result in subscription.
Apparently, they chose to see it that way and sent me an invoice today!
I am poor and certainly don't want to pay for a product I was not intending to buy.I wrote cancel but I find it highly ironic that a magazine that reports on how you can be scammed and how to avoid it- and yet perpetrates its own scam!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Review rating
- 4 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "Someone knock in my door and said they are giving away free salad.. It looks strange but the couple of lady looks very nice, and i said why not.. they..."
- "beware that this individual is now doing business under these other names: opera fashion group inc opera fashion group llc opera by sueli costa llc gabikini bossa beach AMONG MANY OTHERS. this individual is a..."
- "I rarely post comments on the Internet but felt compelled to respond to the negative comments about Enagic USA. Enagic Electrolysis Water Generators are distributed through a network marketing compensation..."
- "bought 2 Norton Security deluxe 5 devices limit 2 per customer was supposed to get $20.00 instant and $40.00 easy rebate and when I went to staples easy rebate filled..."
- "Two of my dogs had severe negative reactions to FRONTLINE PLUS last year. Both Spaniels collapsed as their eyes rolled back in their heads and could not stand within minutes..."
- "I ordered a pastel sympathy standing basket premium-large arrangement. It was suppose to have less filler and more flowers will I got the opposite. Also, I paid extra money to..."
- "Had a pr of Abyss boots that I had stored for later use. The third time I put them on they start to disintegrate. Upper was peeling and falling..."
- "This user called me a "mutt" and "troll" for asking a simple question. I blocked, flagged and reported her. She had tons of negative feedback and neutral feedback and she..."
- "THIS BUSINESS IS AN ABSOLUTE FRAUD! they sell a good sale over the phone- hoping innocent people like me who live several hours and states away can not easily come in..."