ShopSmart;) Free Gift is a subscription scam!
I should have known better but being an offshoot of Consumer Reports I trusted their offer of a free gift.No where did I see a statement that accepting the free gift would result in subscription.
Apparently, they chose to see it that way and sent me an invoice today!
I am poor and certainly don't want to pay for a product I was not intending to buy.I wrote cancel but I find it highly ironic that a magazine that reports on how you can be scammed and how to avoid it- and yet perpetrates its own scam!
You May Also Like
- "Stay away from a website called www.receptionau.info I never received Ipad2 64.3g. They were a fraud site. they are located in China. They offer unbelievable prices. I have chat with..."
- "After taking hours to upload and prepare on their site (which was a headache in itself) I recently ordered two photo books. On the computer screens (we have two)..."
- "To LifeProof Support and Legal Department, I feel that I've been completely disregarded as having a valid complaint. The process of ignoring my issue started 7 weeks ago today. ..."
- "This CA company, If Only, Inc., hired us to do a furniture assessment on a large sofa that they had shipped to a couple in Clackamas, OR. The arm..."
- "About 1.5 years ago, I bought a Toyota 3.0 3vze long block motor from this company. I researched their ebay feedback ratings(IMPORTANT info on this below), which are supposedly..."
- "i ordered a pair of pants and after one wash, the fabric was obviously faulty, with a big bulge in what was supposed to be smooth stretchy pants.. i sent..."
- "This DROPSHIP ONLY Company out of IL WILL NOT honer Warranty Mechanical Cost even though they have a Dealer to Manufacture Signed Legal Binding Contract from Linhai & Sunright stating..."
- "My elderly Aunt, who is on a fixed income, saw an ad in her Sunday newspaper for the "Heavenly Blessing" Christmas Tree Nativity Collection. My Aunt placed the order..."
- "My husband ordered this t-shirt. It was part of a campaign fundraiser. You can clearly see that the word firefighting is spelled incorrectly I contacted the company and they are..."