ShopSmart;) Free Gift is a subscription scam!
You are the author of this review
I should have known better but being an offshoot of Consumer Reports I trusted their offer of a free gift.No where did I see a statement that accepting the free gift would result in subscription.
Apparently, they chose to see it that way and sent me an invoice today!
I am poor and certainly don't want to pay for a product I was not intending to buy.I wrote cancel but I find it highly ironic that a magazine that reports on how you can be scammed and how to avoid it- and yet perpetrates its own scam!
You May Also Like
- "The stucco is falling off our house and cracking, nails appear through the stucco. Lennar completed their destructive testing and caused even more unsightly stucco issues. The HVAC..."
- "Eighty-nine homeowners from Bakersfield, CA filed a lawsuit against LENNAR Homes for construction defects. Milstein, Adelman, and Kreger, the firm representing the homeowners, released a statement saying: "These..."
- "On 9/2/12 11:38am, I bought a queen Aerobed at Target, Ca for $216.00. When I opened it later that day for my guests to use, we found it covered with..."
- "We went to the theater at the old mill in Bend Or had to wait outside for 20 minutes to get a ticket another 45 minutes in line for popcorn..."
- "Eyeglass world is a joke. I paid over 500 dollars for a cut rate pair of glasses. Not two just one.they at first gave me the wrong prescription and then..."
- "My husband spent over $60 on what looked to be really beautiful flowers worth the money. A lady delivers the tiniest vase ever with a bouquet consisting of tiny red..."
- "I don't know who reported me but I did not do nothing wrong so I cant get ..."
- "After using Wen all in one hair treatment I noticed more and more hair in the shower stall and the drain protector. Hair was all over the bathroom after towel..."
- "I am a physically disabled vet who has limited sight among other issues, so I have a service dog who recently stayed at a Best Western in Columbus, Georgia on..."